Friday, May 25, 2012

Garden and Yard

This is my big project for this summer. For the last couple of years we have not done as much work on the backyard as we should have so now we are paying the price. My goal for this summer is to get all the weeds and grass out of the landscaped areas. Well it will take me a couple of months but it will look beautiful after that.
Today I finished putting in the garden. I'm looking forward to late summer and fall so I can harvest all the yummy produce.

I actually decided to make it Elizabeth's project. ;)

Onions

Swiss chard

Oregano

Basil


Tomatoes
I'm out of my canned marinara sauce so hopefully I will have a great harvest to do a lot a canning.


Cucumbers
This will be my first year of trying them and I will be growing them on a trellis. We will see how it will turn out....

Peppers

Peaches
I'm excited because I have a peaches coming in. I learned that in order to get a much better crop I should have pruned the tree in a particular way either last year of this spring (but I was too late) so it will happen this fall. Hopefully we will have a much more abundant crop next year.

Grapes
I planted grapes a year and a half ago but last year they did not do great. I think it was because they had nothing to climb up to. This year I created a trellis and they are out of control. We'll have TONS of grapes.

I also planted some zucchini and butternut squash and I will try some potatoes (in buckets). We'll see how that works but more about that later.

No comments: