Sunday, March 29, 2009

First days in Buenos Aires

Bruce had to go to Argentina for work and convinced me and the children to join him for three weeks. Elizabeth was very eager to help me with all the preparations to pack. She made her "own list" and started gathering all the things she thought she needed. Below you see a few of them: Toy bowling pins, two back packs, dvd cases, puzzle, food sprinkles, pens, pencils, baby toys, more pens and pencils, more puzzles, more baby toys etc. (trust me you can't see half of the things she packed in this picture). It was very cute but without her knowing I put 95% of the things she gathered back and luckily she hasn't asked about them till this day.

Our flight was quite long but the kids did great (like always). We have been blessed with the best little travelers ever. Our first flight was only 2 1/2 hours and the only disadvantage was that is was on a 'barbie jet' but we survived. Our second flight was 10 hours and we were so lucky to get a seat for Thomas. We had brought his carseat (hoping to get the extra seat) and Thomas fell asleep within an hour after taking off and he woke up about an hour before landing :). Elizabeth also slept quite a bit and so I was a happy woman. Bruce didn't sleep a whole lot but worked most of the time and was a happy man because by the time we landed in Buenos Aires he had worked his way through over a thousand emails.
So for this trip we got a new double stroller so I will be able to do things with the kids while Bruce is working. When we got the stroller at the gate I noticed something odd with the wheels. The axel was bent AGAIN. I don't know how they manage to do it since this happened to us with a different stroller a few years ago. Luckily we can still use it and don't notice a diffence while pushing it.
We made our way out of the airport very quickly. We got a taxi and went straight to the apartment. The apartment is great. It is big and spacious and will be great for the kids. As we were unpacking I noticed that they were setting up something in the park right in front of the apartment. First I thought they would be having a concert of some sort but it turned out to be a huge inflatable movie screen. Pretty cool. So for the next two nights they were showing movies in the park.
Bruce spent the rest of the afternoon trying to arrange his visa for Brazil and the kids and I just relaxed at the apartement.

Thomas has been having fun exploring the apartement. Here are two of his favorite things to do:

1. Climbing in this drawer in the kitchen


2. Getting all over the bidet. Yuck! We are not using it and it has been cleaned (I hope) but he loves it and is so fascinated by it. We just have to make sure to always close the bathroom doors because he is fast.


On Saturday we took the kids to the local children's museum. We decided to walk. It took us about 1 1/2 hours - ouch - but we had fun. On our way there we stopped by a little bakery to pick up some lunch. It was so yummy.


The children's museum was amazing. The one in Salt Lake is nothing compared to this one. The kids had so much fun. Here are a few pictures.

Thomas playing in the 0-3 kids area.


This was a sugar can jungle.


They even had a pretend Mc Donalds! I think Elizabeth found her calling in life. Working at a fast food restaurant. Daddy was the customer.


Getting the fries.

The milkshake.

I think she said the meal was $ 16.

Some of the other thing they had and she loved were: a supermarket, dress up/ dance area, a boat, factory, huge toilet (were they could crawl though to explain the water system, metro, bus, bank, doctor's office, dentist's office, art center, milk production, construction area, jungle, gas station and much more that I didn't even see since Bruce was with Elizabeth and I spent most of my time with Thomas in the little kids area.
We will definitely go back (maybe even more then once during our stay here).

We are enjoying lovely warm weather!
(since those of you who are in Utah are freezing!)

2 comments:

Leslie Jam said...

I'm proud to see that Elizabeth will be following in her father's footsteps at Mickey D's!

Tera said...

I didn't know that you had changed your blog address until today. It's fun to get caught up on what you are up to.

Buenos Aires! What a fun adventure for you and the kids. Enjoy every minute.