In the month of August Thanksgiving Point has this special that on Tuesday's the entrance fee for all venues is $ 2.00. I thought this would be a great opportunity to take the children to the dinosaur museum. Elizabeth has been wanting to go there for a while now since she is four now and is not afraid anymore of the dinosaurs (that is what she said). We took her when she was three and she did not like it at all. She thought the dinosaurs were scary "back then".
We went bright and early and apparently I wasn't the only one with the "Bright Idea" to go there. As we drove up I saw this line that was just out of this world. I was ready to turn around and go home but Elizabeth insisted on going. I got the kids out put Thomas in the stroller and the waiting began.

We had already been in line for a while and had even turned a corner and this is how many people were still ahead of us (this is on the side of the museum) not counting the ones that were still around the other corner ahead.

Both Elizabeth and Thomas were very patient. I think it took close to 45 minutes to get in. Well right before entering the building Elizabeth said: "Mom, this is taking a long time. I don't like the Stop Go Stop Go Stop Go". We were almost there and I wasn't going to turn around at that point so I told her that we were going inside.

Imagine all those people crammed in the museum. It was busy and noisy and since Elizabeth is quite sensitive to noise this is how she walked around most of the time.
Being four didn't quite help her to think that the dinosaurs weren't scary anymore. She did a lot better than last year but still wasn't to charmed with the SCARY creatures.

The water/sand area was a great hit.

So was the digging for bones.
1 comment:
I know what you mean. It gets so crazy there. Mornings are always the worst, which I discovered last year. We went at 3:30 in the afternoon this year and it only took us about 5 minutes to get in. When we left around 5:30 there was no line at all. Apparently that is the time to go.
Post a Comment