Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Thomas

I can't believe that Thomas is already 1 year old. I have come to realize that he is not a little baby anymore. We decorated the house with banner flags (this is a dutch tradition and he had no clue what was going on but I did it primarily for Elizabeth). Elizabeth was so excited for Thomas when she got up in the morning and saw all the decorations. She immediately wanted to give Thomas his presents (I hadn't quite wrapped them).



His "birthday cake".


At first he didn't even want to try it. We tried to give him some and he kept his mouth completely shut but when he got a little taste of it he decided it wasn't too bad and started dipping his finger in the frosting.


When his fingers became too sticky he thought it might be better to just bring his mouth to the cupcake instead of bringing the cupcake to his mouth.


When he finally decided that this stuff was REALLY GOOD he just tried to get it in as fast as possible. It was quite cute!


Thomas with aunt Leslie.


2 comments:

Ellen James said...

Darling pictures! Letting them eat cake on first birthdays is my favorite! They are always so cute about it! Happy Birthday Thomas!

Leslie Jam said...

Totally fun pictures!