Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Empanadas

I loved eating Empanadas in Argentina. I got a couple of empanada cook books from our friends and decided to try to make some empanadas. They were quite easy to make and very tasty. I'll definitely be experimenting more in the near future. Elizabeth did not want to eat them since there is meat in them but said that she would really like a "dulce de leche" empanada (desert emapanada). I think that will be the next one I'll be making.

Just on a side note. Elizabeth does not like meat at all. The other day she started asking questions about chickens and if the chicken we eat is the same as the one that is on a farm. She started to put one and one together and was not too thrilled about the whole concept. She asked what part of the chicken we eat. Skin? Head? I could see her thinking. I told her we ate another part of the chicken but did not want to go into further details. This conversation might have been the end of any hope for her to eat meat.




Thomas really seemed to like them.

While I was making the empanadas Elizabeth was making bread. I had some left over dough in the refridgerator and that is always good entertainment.
Look at the fancy hair. I told her to go up to get something to keep her hair out of her face and she came back with these two flower clippies.

2 comments:

Janessa said...

Oh! I love empanadas! I am so glad that you are back! I loved the postcard Elizabeth sent to me. We were wondering what it said though. Does it just say "Elizabeth"?

Carolyn said...

yes, it did. She really wanted to sent you one.